A number of markets enliven Merano’s commercial life: the most extensive and best known is the Friday market. Others, such as the farmers’ markets, specialise in food products. The flea markets are as varied as they are interesting.
Shopping at the Stalls
Merano has been an important trading centre since the Middle Ages; today, it still boasts a busy schedule of markets and flea markets.
- Friday Market (large): every Friday morning from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at piazzale Prader and along via Mainardo (up the intersection with via Huber). Food and clothing.
- Tuesday Market (small): every Tuesday morning from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at piazzale Prader square. Food and clothing.
- Wednesday Market in Sinigo (small): every Wednesday morning from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at piazza Vittorio Veneto in Sinigo. Food and clothing.
- Farmers’ Markets: local food specialties directly from producer to consumer. Every Saturday morning (8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) on via Galilei; every Wednesday morning (8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m) on via Mainardo; and every Wednesday morning (7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m) at piazza Fontana in Maia Alta (Obermais)
- Flea Markets: every last Saturday of the month from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the Winter Promenade; every first and third Sunday of the month from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. near Bersaglio Restaurant, at the intersection of via Lido and via Bersaglio.